Monday, February 21, 2005

Life's A Beach

I just love the fact that I live in Florida! The weather is so perfect. Saturday, I drove down to Lakeland to get my tickets for Spring Training (just 2 more weeks!). The sun was shining and it was about 72 degrees. I drove all the way there with my windows down and the sun roof open. Traffic was pretty bad most of the way there. They're doing construction on I-4, so I spent a lot of time just sitting on the freeway. To pass the time, I pulled out my Florida map to look for a new way to head back. I didn't really mind too much because the weather was gorgeous and I wasn't in a hurry or anything. I did find a new way back along U.S. 92. It was a nice drive through all the little towns. Mom, you would have loved it. You'll see it when you come at Easter, though. It reminded me a bit of the drive between home and Muncie along U.S. 24 (except with palm trees). The drive ended up taking about the same amount of time, but it was better than sitting on the expressway (and getting honked at by truck drivers). On my way home, I made a stop off at Universal Studios for Mardi Gras. This week, the entertainment was The Temptations and The Four Tops. I'm curious as to how many of them were original members of their group. They looked pretty old, but sang great! I left a little early because I was kind of tired. When I got back to my car, the traffic getting out of the garage was all backed up. Since I wasn't in any time crunch to get home, I just climbed in my back seat and took a little nap until the traffic cleared. I'd rather sit in my car in its space rather than in traffic. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I discovered that driving with the window down to Lakeland may not have been the best idea as my entire left arm and shoulder were completely sunburned. Sunday was another perfect day, so after church, my friend Anna and I went to Cocoa Beach. It has been almost a year since I last went to the beach. It was so peaceful and relaxing to hear the waves crashing against the shore. When we got there, it had clouded up a bit (just some high thin clouds, not overcast) and when it finally cleared, the sun was so low that it wasn't very intense. It was good that I didn't have to worry about getting more sunburned. Now it's back to work for another busy week. I've got a few fires to put out just today. So that's my cue to get back to work. I hope everyone had a nice weekend as well (even if your weather wasn't as nice as mine).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having fun, we have no school. I'm looking forward to the drive to Lakeland.

Anonymous said...

the weather was nice again here too - the rain has taken a break on SoCal. I was thinking of you today as I drove passed the Getty on my way to UCLA. It was such a fun weekend even though it involved lots of driving. So anyways it made me think of when you were here. Have a great week! love, Becky