Monday, June 12, 2006

2 Movies, A Comedian, And A Hurricane


What an interesting weekend.

Friday, I went to see "Over the Hedge". I really wanted to see "Cars", but the person I went to see a movie with (Bryan) already had plans to see it the next day with his girlfriend. It was nice to hang out again as friends and catch up on each other's lives. After the movie, we met up with his girlfriend who had tickets to see Bob Saget at a local comedy club. Apparently, one of his girlfriends friends/coworkers is Bob Saget's cousin or something. So we got to go backstage after the show to meet him. The show was ok. Is was a little raunchy for my taste (definitely a far cry from Full House), but I'm still glad I went.

Saturday, I had a eye doctor appointment in the morning. I got my eyes all checked out, ordered some new glasses and contacts. My new glasses will be here in about 2 weeks. I'm so excited. My current pair is at least 5 years old! My new ones are frameless and super light weight. I can't feel them, I can't see them. They also don't have hinges or screws and are made of this "memory metal" so that if they get bent, they'll go back to their original shape. After the appointment, I drove out to Cocoa Beach for the rest of the afternoon. It was a beautiful day. When I returned, I went to a late showing of "Cars" The movie is REALLY cool, but the people sitting next to me were SO ANNOYING! They kept commentating through the entire movie. It was a mother and two "grown" daughters, but they all sounded like children. Now I'm going to have to go see it again :)

Now for the last part of my title. Alberto is on his way to town. The first named storm of the season. It's been raining nonstop since about 8:30 this morning and this is only the beginning. But we REALLY need the rain and there's no wind (yet). So this is a good little Tropical Storm (it's not quite a hurricane yet).

4 comments:

Heidi said...

We also saw Cars this weekend. It was really cute, the kids really liked it too! Over the Hedge was pretty good too!

Mrs. Patterson said...

I'm so behind in my movie going. It's easier to wait for PPV, and cheaper too. I saw that movie Heidi blogged about awhile back, "The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio". Being raised in the fifties made me really appreciate it.

Commentators are pooh poohing Alberto, I hope their right.

Pam said...

I really need to get back into watching movies. The last one I watched was "Little Women" (one of 3 DVD's I own)--only because our DISH cable was "dish"eveled! Another by-product of the well-mess!

I say pooh-pooh to Alberto, also--just give Florida the needed rain and that's it, please!

andrew! said...

Here's a recent snapshot of Bob Saget, relaxing at home.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/8957319/bob_saget/