Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tiger Treat

I got a nice little treat last night. I got home last night around 7:30 (after working more than 10 hours). My Tuesday night bible study was cancelled because everyone was too busy. So I started flipping through the channels to see what was on. I turned to channel 16 (PAX) and was hoping to watch Family Feud (I love game shows!). But it wasn't on. Baseball was on. I was really disappointed until I realized that it was a Tiger game! Oh yeah, Detroit was playing Tampa Bay! But then I was REALLY disappointed when it was only the second inning and we were down 2-1. How can this be? We lost the night before (and it wasn't close either) and we are losing again. TB is like the WORST team in baseball and we are the BEST (according to our record). But shortly after I started watching, we tied it up. A few more RBIs later and we end the inning 5-2! I was in the kitchen fixing my dinner during the third and just missed the homer by Carlos Guillen. I had to leave during the 6th inning because I accidently locked my phone and I didn't know how to unlock it. After getting it fixed I returned to and 8-3 lead. Go Tigers. After taking my shower, I got to see Guillen hit his double to complete the Cycle (I think they let him have it). I couldn't stay awake for the end, but I saw this morning that we won 10-4. That's more like it.

No comments: