Friday, August 31, 2007

Pregnancy Update

If you've read my mom's blog, you've heard that my doctor has diagnosed me with preeclampsia, also known as toxemia. Basically it is high blood pressure during pregnancy. No one really knows what causes it and it will go away as soon as the baby is born. While it is a very serious condition, as long as I take it easy and do what my doctor says, Maddie & I will be just fine. My doctor has ordered me to go on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. Yesterday was my last day of work. While I don't necessarily have to stay in bed 24/7, I do have to stay off my feet as much as possible and keep them elevated. No cooking or cleaning. I also need to drink lots of water. I will have to go to the hospital twice a week for a non stress test. This may sound like a dream come true (especially for me) to be ordered to lay around and do nothing. But I do have the feeling that even I will get bored after a few days and I still have 6 weeks to go. I do, however, have alist of things I can still do. I can get caught up on my IDP paperwork. I can pick out pictures for our wedding album. I can read parenting books. I've also been working on a portfolio for Bryan.

I'm really looking forward to my parents' visit this weekend. They can help get the nursery ready, since I won't be able to do anything. I'll also be having a baby shower this weekend. I see no reason to cancel or postpone it. I'll try to keep you updated with any developments. For now, just keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I am praying and will continue to pray for you and Bryan and Maddie. Enjoy your rest as much as you can!

andrew! said...

Here's hoping you have cable! Take care.

Heidi said...

We're praying too. Rest now and have as much fun with it as you can, just think of it as "banking" down time, and hope that you can cash in on it after the baby is here (if only it worked that way). Take it Easy!