Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Why?

Maddie has definitely entered the inquisitive stage of her development.

Maddie: "What are you doing, Mama?"
Me: "I'm cleaning the kitchen."
Maddie: "Why?"
Me: "Because I made a mess."
Maddie: "Why?"
Me: "Because that's what happens when I make dinner."
Maddie: "Why?"
Me: "Because big people clean up their messes."
Maddie: "Why?"

And so on, and so on...

She also asks several "Where does (fill in the blank) come from?" type of questions. She's yet to fill the blank with the word "babies", but I'm sure it will come soon. For now, it's just things like toys, flowers, and the color blue (you try answering that one).

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

The color blue comes from light refraction. (just guessing) I hope she'll ask me a ton of questions when I see her next.