Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What A Day!

Phew...
First off, the main highway (and intersection of 3 major highways) is closed because the road collapsed into a sink hole. I'm zig-zagging all over town trying to find the best alternate route because some of the roads I typically would have taken also have construction, lane closures, and detours. They say it won't be fixed until early fall.

Next, I'm driving home, in a severe thunderstorm, and Maddie says, "my nose hurts." I look in my rear view mirror and blood is gushing out of her nose and down her face. I try asking her questions to find out how this happened, but she won't tell me anything useful. I don't know if she hit it somehow or if she stuck her finger (or something else) up a little too far.

Her doctor's office is closed, I don't really want to go the ER, so I try my doctor's office which has urgent care and after 5 hours. Well, I get there, but they don't have a doctor on call that day that is licensed to see children. But there is another urgent care center two buildings away. We walk in, but Bryan has the one insurance card for both of them, and he is in Nebraska for a business trip. I try calling so I can get the numbers, but he doesn't answer, so I have to pay the out of pocket amount. While we were waiting, however, he calls with the numbers and we get the co-pay changed (a savings of $30). But there's another slight issue with the insurance. They have Madison's birthdate as 09/07/07, but that is 1907! She looks really good for 103! Maybe she's a real Benjamin Buttons.

So we finally get to see the doctor and Madison did GREAT! She abliged to all the doctor's tests of checking her temperature and her pulse, and looking up her nose, in her ears, and in her mouth. Well, her nose and tonsils were a little red, so he thinks it's a sinus infection and prescribed an antibiotic.

Next stop - the pharmacy. First they were having troubles with their computers freezing. They get that working and say it will take 15-20 minutes. No problem. We'll sit and wait. 20 minutes goes by. Madison is getting antsy, and hungry, and tired (so am I). They, too, were having trouble because her birthdate was off by 100 years. But they were finally able to get it sorted out and after an hour, we got her antibiotic. Now it is almost 9:00 and we haven't even eaten yet. I drive through the McDonalds accross the street to treat her with chicken nuggets for being such a trooper through all this.

Then, to top it off, someone hacked into my FB account and sent a post about testing the new iPad.

Today is a new day. My commute was a little better. And so far no more bloody noses.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Oh my Amy, I am so glad for new days. It's always something when your a parent and a home owner.