Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Under Pressure

Recently, I've been having some issues with high blood pressure. It wasn't incredibly high, but about the 130/90 range. My doctor told me to watch my diet (i.e. salt intake). A lot easier said, than done (especially for a picky eater such as myself and our hectic lifestyle). I tried my best: less processed foods, more fruits & veggies, healthier mid-day snacks like fruit and nuts (unsalted), and having oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast. This helped a little, but my BP was still slightly above normal. I tend to drink a lot of pop, especially Diet Coke (at least once a day). For Lent, I have decided to completely give up Diet Coke and have limited all other soda intake (non-caffieine drinks like Sprite & 7-up), to just once or twice a week. What a difference! Within a matter of days, my BP dropped to well within normal limits (and at times even borderline too LOW). The first few days were really tough. I suffered from severe headaches and cravings. But it's been 2 weeks now, and I'm feeling good.

1 comment:

Aaru Garg said...

Get your free Aries daily horoscope with characteristics and personality of Aries sunsign horoscope. Best free source to get Aries zodiac horoscope daily.
To know today's Aries horoscope visit the web page url givien below : https://www.mpanchang.com/horoscope/daily-horoscope/aries-daily-horoscope/