Monday, October 25, 2004

Whirlwind Weekend

I traveled back home to Michigan this weekend for my cousin Laurie Simmick's (now Hewitt) wedding reception. The actual wedding was last month in Australia (that is where her husband is from). It was nice to see a lot of family that I hadn't seen in a LONG time. I called this a Whirlwind Weekend because of all that was accomplished in 48 hours:

Friday -
7:00 pm-9:30 pm - Flight to DTW. I was planning on sleeping on the way up because I was so exhausted from the week, but I spent most of the flight talking to the passenger sitting next to me. It was alright, because it still made the flight go by faster.
10:00 pm - Went to Sam & Kristie's house. Saw Sam's new wine cellar. Very nice. Can't wait to see the completed basement.
Saturday -
5:00 pm-9:00 pm - Wedding reception. The reception began with a DVD pesentation of the wedding ceremony in Australia. The pre-dinner festivities included a speech by the bride, four toasts by various people, and a very nice blessing given by my mom. Now to dinner. So much food! There was an appetizer buffet complete with warm and cold hor d'ouveres. Next was a four-course meal of cream of broccoli soup, followed by salad, followed by the main course of beef, chicken, AND lobster with potatoes and broccoli, wrapped up by vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. All this and there was an enormous dessert buffet with atleast a dozen cakes, pies, cheesecakes, and other pastries, PLUS a four tier wedding cake. All in all, it was a very nice reception.
Sunday -
6:00 am - Time to head to the airport for my 7:15 am flight. I fell asleep almost instantly as I got on the plane. I don't even remeber taking off. I dozed in an out throughout the flight and before I knew it, we were getting ready to land.
9:30 am - We arrived at MCO a little early. I even had time to go home and change before heading to church for the 11:00 service. After church, I headed back to my apartment and crashed for the rest of the afternoon.
6:00 pm - Went to the mall to deCANstruct our sculpture. What took 6 hours to build, took less than an hour to tear down and box up.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. It was not uneventful to say the least :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a quick weekend. You need another one to recover from this one!

Anonymous said...

Your slant on the weekend sounds better than mine. I'm glad you got to sleep on the plane. I'm really dragging today and as I look ahead to the coming weeks, they'll be more and more to do. Please pray for us all. Mom