Friday, June 17, 2005

Batman & The Homless

Is helping the homeless always a good idea? OK, I know you must be appalled that I would say such a thing, but hear me out. Last night Jen & I went to see the new Batman movie. It was a really good movie. The best one yet in my opinion. It was hard to tell with all the added computer-generated effects and what not, but it looked like a lot of the movie was filmed in Chicago. I'm sure Mike would know for sure. There were just some buildings and landmarks which looked vaguely familiar. Anywho, after the movie, Jen & I were standing by her car talking. This homeless guy comes up to us and asks for a couple bucks for the bus. Jen, being the nice person that she is said that she had some change in her car. She opens the door, throws her keys on the seat, grabs some change then locks and closes the door, leaving her keys and everything inside. Now if she hadn't helped the homeless guy, she never would have locked herself out. But you know what, while we waited the hour or so for the AAA guy to come, we really had some nice conversation and bonding. So I guess it wasn't all that bad.

3 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

All's well that ends well. I'm glad he was a gentle homeless guy. Moms far away pray about such things.

Mrs. Patterson said...

Patiently waiting for an update.

Mrs. Patterson said...

I heard that that man has moved in with batman by now and he's no longer homeless.