Thursday, May 11, 2006

Worst Week

This week has been nothing but pure insanity!!!! On top of work (which is most often crazy in itself) and my booked social calendar (I had something planned for every evening this week - NOT including my training for the 3-Day), it all started Sunday when I got a random call from an old friend/ex-boyfriend (or whatever label you would like to give Bryan), totally out of the blue. I've yet to figure out why he called me. With all the craziness, we've been playing an endless game of phone tag all week. Things just went downhill from there as last night on my way from our volleyball game to choir practice, I was in a car accident. No worries. I'm fine. No one was hurt. It was not my fault. Someone ran a red light and hit me. And now today, at noon, I have a dentist appointment and I think I will be getting a root canal (at least that's what they told me at my last appointment). I can't WAIT for this week to be over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're alright!!! Root canal...hmm, yeah...take Motrin BEFORE they work on your teeth. :)

Amy said...

GOOD news: I didn't have the root canal today, just fillings.

BAD news: I still need to have it done (and soon) and my insurance is almost out for the year so it would come mostly out of my pocket.

I just ask that everyone would say a little prayer for me. I really think I'm on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

Mrs. Patterson said...

I will say a big prayer, no emotional breakdowns are allowed, just give it to God.

Pam said...

Prayers from here, too! And, I'd be happy to send a little of our rain down to you. It's supposed to last a while here!

Anonymous said...

do emotional breakdowns lead to running away? cuz if you run, you can always run to my place in socal... not to give you any good, er I mean bad ideas. lol.

I'm sorry your week went so poorly, that's a lot to handle and whenever happenings with a boy gets thrown into the mess that just escalates extreme emotions out of nowhere for me at least. But I know you are a fabulous gal, have many good things going on in your life, and none of this is a surprise to God. When we are out of control (emotionally and/or situationally) that we often see clearly how in control he is (for our good too because you are his precious child). So maybe take an opportunity amidst your valid 'bad week' and make the most of the opportunity to see more clearly where God in control when we are not.

You've always been such a wise gal (why do you think I like you so much... I mean other than the fact that I wasn't the only one to dance to Backstreet Boys in the dorm alone) I know you'll get through. Love ya!