Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Travel, Travel, Travel

As you may have read on my mom's post, I did travel up to Pennsylvania this weekend. My new friend, Skip (who is Becky's brother) invited me to the Penn State/Michigan State football game (at Penn State). I had a lot of fun at the game despite the cold and the dissappointing loss. He lives in Hershey, PA, just down the street from the chocolate factory. If the wind is blowing in just the right direction, you get a nice big whiff of the sweet smell of chocolate. On Sunday night, we went to a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert. If you've never heard them, they play heavy metal Christmas music (and some classical stuff, too). If you recall the Christmas lighting display video that floated around last year, that was a TSO song. The concert was really cool, but also very loud. There were lots of lasers, lights, and fire. I got a nice little driving tour of central PA over the weekend. Between the drive from Baltimore (where I flew in) to Hershey, Hershey to State College on game day, Harrisburg (the capitol), and Lancaster (Amish country). The landscape was quite pretty (being in the mountains and all), though I'm sure it was much prettier a month ago when the colorful leaves were still on the trees. I was surprised to see a pink rose bush right outside of Skip's apartment that still had several blooms on it (including a new bud). I had a really great time this weekend and this little getaway was just what the doctor ordered as work was really starting to stress me out (though I was quite productive the week prior to my departure).

Now I will be traveling again tomorrow morning to come home for Thanksgiving and coming back on Friday (I have a wedding to go to on Saturday). So if you count that all up. In a span of 8 days (fri to fri), I will have been on a plane 4 times. It's a good thing they're all nonstop flights. I'm sure I'll be quite sick of airports and flying by the end of the week. But no worries, I'll have recovered in time for my trip home at Christmas.

3 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

If I'd of read this earlier I could have saved a lot of phone questions. I can't wait till you get here!

Pam said...

It sounds like a great weekend! Tell us more about Skip. I was hoping we'd get to see you this trip. But that may be difficult with such a short trip.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.