Monday, March 26, 2007

Consolation Prize

Friday night, I was supposed to hang out with the Girls. It's been months since we've all hung out together. But due to lack of proper planning, sick husbands, and last minute cancellations it didn't pan out. Instead, I got to see Bryan. Not a bad consolation prize if you ask me :) We went out to dinner and to a movie at Downtown Disney. We saw the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie. No, this was not MY choice. Who would have thought that something that was semi-popular to kids 15 years ago, would still be popular among young children today. It was an interesting movie and the animation was quite good.

On Saturday, I helped Bryan fix the brakes on one of his cars. Yeah, you heard me right, I helped fix a car. I didn't have to get under it and get all dirty though (thank goodness). Bryan did all the dirty work. I just had to pump the brake pedal to flush the fluid out. After fixing the cars, we sat to watch the very disappointing Kansas game. It was hard to sleep when he kept yelling at the TV. It was a very poor game. They kept missing all the easy shots! If they would have made HALF of them, they would have easily won.

We did end up going to Cocoa Beach on Sunday. It was a PERFECT day! The temperature was in the 80s and there was a nice breeze to keep you from getting too hot. The water was still too cold for getting in. Plus there were several rip current warnings. That's enough to keep me out. I got a nice start on my tan, though.

Easter is less than 2 weeks away. I can't wait. And for those of you that will be in Chicago that weekend will finally get a chance to meet my boyfriend (and see that he's really not a figment of my imagination).

2 comments:

Pam said...

Take lots of pictures of the family(and Bryan)all together! Then post them :)

Mrs. Patterson said...

Tee hee. We're looking forward to opportunity #2. So you fixed brakes. We paid almost $300. to fix the brakes on the Tahoe. We should of waited and you and Bryan could have done it in Chicago.