Wednesday, June 20, 2007

10 Days and Counting

I will be married in just 10 days! It hardly seems real, almost like a dream (a very good one). I keep thinking that at any moment I'm going to wake up to find that none of this is happening. We went to get our marriage license today. I thought (or hoped) that we'd be in and out of there in like a half-hour but it was more like an hour. They gave us this handbook which we were required to read about all the Florida laws pertaining to divorce, alimony, child support, etc. It was quite depressing. After it was all said and done, we are now one signature away from being married. We actually got a $30 discount on the license for taking premarital counseling. But since the counseling cost $200, we really didn't save any money. Even if we weren't required to take the counseling sessions in order to get married at Trinity or aware of any discount, we still would have done it. We both believe in the importance of it. Because the dealings at the courthouse took so long, I missed my dentist appointment for a root canal (boo hoo). They had to reschedule for August (that was the earliest I could get in).

In baby news, tomorrow I have my 24 week appointment. I'm sure it will just be another routine appointment. Madison has been moving around like CRAZY the past several weeks! She's going to be an active one, which I suppose is a good thing. At first it was really cool when I could feel the kicks. One time she kicked so hard I could see it. It was really freaky. But now it's getting a little annoying especially when I'm trying to sleep or when she kicks on my bladder. I suppose that's all for now.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Those middle of the night kicks are Madison's way of training you to wake up in the middle of the night.