Monday, June 25, 2007

Last Week of "Singledom"

In 5 days I will become Mrs. Amy Lynn Helman. I suppose I'll have to change the name of my blog. I'll worry about that after we get back from the honeymoon. I've started practicing signing my new name, but it feels a little weird. Last minute preparations are going well. My mom's been here since Thursday and we've turned my apartment into Wedding HQ. Bryan was away in KC for 4 days this weekend celebrating his last few days of bachelorhood with all his buddies. My friends threw me a bridal shower on Saturday. In the evening, we went to Downtown Disney for my bachelorette festivities. The plan was to have dinner then go dancing at Pleasure Island. But some of my friends had to leave early, and I was really tired. So we just stuck with dinner and then walked around for a little bit. I kind of felt like a party pooper, but it didn't make a lot of sense to pay that kind of money for just an hour or two. We're going to plan on going out this Thursday night.

After church on Thurday, Becky invited us over to go swimming at the pool in her condo complex. Bryan had gotten back around noon, but since he had such an early flight and only got about 3 hours of sleep, I told him to just go to bed and I'll catch up with him later in the day. It was a perfect day at the pool. I was able to work on my tan so I don't look too pale in my big white dress. When I finally walked in the door, Bryan came running to me with the biggest smile on his face. I missed him so much.

I'm not nervous about this weekend. I'm more in a state of disbelief. There were many times when I thought this day would never come, and now it's actually here. I'm so happy and ready to spend the rest of my life with Bryan. I love him so much.

2 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

My turn to be Ms. Technacality. That was Sunday after church that you went to Becky's pool. Gotcha.

The Vellum is missing at Wedding HQ. The taskmaster overslept.

Have a productive day.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Two big congrats head out your way! Boy, am I out of the loop. But I have your blog on my favorites now so I can keep up to date. Be sure to send lots of picks of your expanding belly!