Thursday, November 08, 2007

2 Month Checkup

Madison had her 2 month checkup today. She's 8 lb, 13 oz and 20-1/2 inches long! She also had her shots today. Needless to say that she didn't like that too much. Two shots in each leg. I held her tiny hand the whole time. She looked at me the whole time as if to be saying, "Mommy, why are you letting them hurt me." I assured her that it was to keep her from getting sick. She stopped crying as soon as they were done and I held her close to comfort her. Now I'll have to find her a new doctor in Kansas City.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Poor Madison and poor Mom. That is tough, did they have to do the toe prick thing too to check her blood? That one is really rough, especially if they make you hold the gauze on after to stop it bleeding... (can you tell that has happened to me?) :) Good luck finding a pediatrician!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she is right on track to double her birth weight by 3 months! I think that is what ihave heard they should do. Paul and Chris each weighed 8-13 at birth oh so long ago.
So glad she is thriving so well! But with all the love and care she gets, who would be surprised? You two are such good parents for her!

Mrs. Patterson said...

i remember that feeling all to well. you feel like your betraying them.