Monday, May 19, 2008

Wisconsin Weekend




This weekend, Maddie & I flew up to Jackson, WI to visit Jon & Becky and to meet Abigail. We had a great time even though Madison wasn't feeling her best. I had to pick her up early from daycare on Friday because she had a fever of 101. She slept almost all day until we had to leave for the airport. She slept through most of the flight until we hit some turbulance and she threw up. It was all over her clothes, my clothes, and her blanket. Luckily I had packed a spare outfit in her diaper bag & I was wearing a tank top underneath my shirt. I also happened to have a garbage bag with me for the dirty clothes (I had intended it for the car seat, but it didn't fit). She did a little better once we got there. I gave her some Tylenol for her fever. She threw up one more time in the middle of the night, but that was it. She did much better on Saturday. She still felt warm, so I continued with the Tylenol treatment.
It was so nice to see Jon & Becky again. Even though it's been nearly a year since I had seen them, it felt like it was only yesterday. The only difference was the location and that we both had little girls with us. We spent most of the weekend just relaxing and catching up. Saturday morning, we went for a walk around the neighborhood. After lunch, the girls went down for nearly a 4 hour nap. We couldn't believe it. Becky said that Abby NEVER takes long naps. Maddie's been known to take 2-3 hour naps from time to time.
On Sunday, we went to their church (First Immanuel Lutheran, Cedarburg, WI). After church we had lunch at this crepes place in downtown Cedarburg (a quaint little town). After lunch we drove out to the campus of Concordia Wisconsin. It's a small campus (like all the other Concordias), but it's located on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan.
Maddie tolerated the flight home much better, though she was a bit cranky & tired. Eventually she fell asleep.


3 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Friends like that are blessings. The pictures are delightful, thanks. I hope your Monday went well.

Pam said...

Joyce, this time it was your turn to beat me to the punch on my comment! I hope the two little ones grow up to be as good of friends as their mothers!

Becky B. said...

Wow - when did Maddie become a red-head! lol. I had no idea ;)