Friday, September 19, 2008

Madison

I got a call from Maddie's daycare yesterday, while I was already on my way to pick her up, saying that she had just thrown up and had a fever of 100.4. I wasn't all that concerned about it until when I got there and the teacher said that there was a little bit of blood in her vomit. I called her doctor when we got home and they said that we should take her to the emergency room. We actually got in to see the doctor rather quickly. We explained the situation. But since she only threw up the one time and we weren't there to see how much blood was there (he assured us that a little bit is fine), there wasn't much to go on for a diagnosis. He ordered some blood tests and a chest x-ray, just to see if anything showed up. THIS took forever. After about 3 hours, the blood tests came back normal. Madison developed a slight rash while there, but the doctor said it could be caused by a million different things. Not very reassuring, but since he wasn't concerned, I guess I shouldn't. The doctor did ask if she had been coughing lately. She has, but I thought it was just a cold. When looking at the chest x-rays, it appeared that she has the beginnings of Pneumonia. He prescribed an antibiotic. She didn't have a fever this morning, but I kept her home from daycare & Bryan's mom is watching her today. Hopefully she will feel better in a few days.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Bummer! Get well soon, Maddie!1

Mrs. Patterson said...

Oh my. Here it is Saturday afternoon and I wish I would of checked the blogs last night, there would have been earlier prayer.

Pam said...

Joyce, I'll bet God hears retroactive prayer :)!

Heidi said...

Poor kid! Did they check her for strep throat? Just wondering...