Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Mouse In My Car!

Yes, you heard me right. There is currently a LIVE mouse hiding somewhere in my car. I had just started off on my way to work when I thought I saw something move out of the corner of my eye (thinking it was probably some kind of large bug). I looked around, and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. I kept on driving when yet again, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked around again...nothing. I started to thing that maybe it was all in my head. Then once more I looked over my shoulder, and there he was scampering along my door, then onto the floor again. I screamed at the top of my lungs (and swerved a little). I pulled over as soon as I could and got out to look around, but yet again I saw nothing. I hesitantly got back in my car and continued on to work. I opened the windows all the way, since I had always seen him running along the sill, I thought maybe he would jump out. I was nearly all the way to work without another sighting. Then about a mile from my exit, I saw him again running along the dash. I grabbed my ice scraper and tried to push him towards the passenger window and then out (all while driving down the highway). But no luck. He jumped in the back seat. When I arrived at work, I yet again looked all over the place for him, but he was nowhere to be seen. I'm leaving the windows cracked in hopes that he may crawl out by the time I get back in. I'm really lucking that I didn't get into an accident during these sightings.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, I don't even know what I would do. Probably make some guy go make sure the mouse was out. Was it out when you got done with work?

Amy said...

No, he was still there, but at least stayed in hiding during my commute. I wasn't sure because the traps I had set at lunch were still baited. But when I got in the car this morning, the traps were still set, but the food was gone. So he had a free meal. He [thankfully] stayed in hiding during my morning drive and I have reset & baited the traps.

FLgirl said...

That would freak me out, too! I once had a spider all of the sudden dangle down in front of me from my visor while I was driving once. Not cool!