Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Weekend Update

I'm back from my weekend Up North. It was a great trip. Just what I needed. I got into Detroit around 7:00 on Friday night. My parents (along with Gramps) picked me up from the airport in their new Chrysler Sebring convertable. We then went to pick up Sam and all go to Ann Arbor for dinner.

Mom, Gramps, and I got up early (well early for me on a saturday morning) and started our way Up North. I slept most of the way, but Mom made me drive a bit so she could take a nap. We took the "scenic" route up, i.e., no highways. We stopped at the East Jordan Art Fair before our arrival in Charlevoix The Beautiful. Bob & Kathie had rented a 6 bedroom/4 story condo right on the marina (Round Lake). Matt & Laura and their kids, Zev & Tova, stayed there as well. There were 9 of us staying there and it wasn't crowded. During our first walk to town, we watched the docking of this huge 130' private yacht. I think Grandpa really enjoyed that. Back at the condo, I played some board games with Zev and we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on the balcony. After dinner, Mom & I walked to the pier to watch the sunset over Lake Michigan.

Sunday morning, we went to church at Bethany Lutheran. After church, we all drove to Petoskey to go putt-putt golfing at Pirate's Cove. It was a lot of fun. I got two holes-in-one. But Zev, who is only 5, got three! When we got back to Charlevoix, I took a walk to town again. I bought some fudge from Murdick's Famous Fudge and some cherries from American Spoon Foods. For dinner, we had fish (well, not me since I'm not a fan). After dinner, Mom, Gramps, and I drove to Norwood to watch the sunset and look for Petoskey stones. When we got there, the beach wasn't in very good shape. The water was really mucky and there were bugs everywhere. We decided to go to a different beach. This one was much cleaner. It was a little too cloudy for a nice sunset, but I did find 1 small Petoskey stone.

When we woke up Monday morning, it was raining - perfect weather for going home. Again, I slept most of the way. Car rides just make me sleepy. The weather cleared up by the time we got home. When we got home, I was able to spend some time with Joel and Hannah before I had to leave for the airport to come back to Florida.

No comments: