Monday, August 22, 2005

Where Did The Weekend Go?

I can't believe it. It's already Monday again! This weekend was so full of activity, that I barely had a chance to relax (but I still managed to find a few hours on Saturday). Friday, a bunch of us celebrated Pastor Jon's 28th birthday at a bar downtown. After everyone else went home for the evening, Jen & I stayed out til 2 and watched her friend's band play at a different bar a couple blocks away. Saturday was pretty much my down day of the weekend. I did still have band practice in the morning and Jen & I (and her mom) went to see Red Eye (AWESOME movie!!) in the evening. Sunday, I spent a total of 10 hours at church! We had kick-off parties for both our middle school and high school youth groups. Since I am on the board, I was there to chaperone. By the end of the day, I was completely out of energy. I can definitely say that that is the most amount of time I have EVER spent at church. Don't get me wrong, I love my church and I love serving, but that was a bit much for me. Now, I've also got another busy week ahead of me. I have something going on nearly every night of the week, except tonight, so I am heading home to relax for the evening and watch my latest DVD - Season 1 of the Muppet Show! I know I wasn't even born yet when the show first aired, but I LOVE the muppets!

P.S. Special birthday wishes go out to my bro, Sam (27 - Is it just me or does 27 sound so much older than 26?) and my cuz Andy (21, tomorrow!!!!) Also, an anniversary wish to Scott & Trisha (friends from BSU) celebrating their 2nd wedding anniversary tomorrow. God's blessing to all of you!

2 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

You've got the muppet DVD? Great, I'll watch it labor day weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, love Dad