Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What's In A Name?

Amy
Beloved : French
Peaceful, poised and understanding you do not let anyone or anything disturb your innate calm. You are tolerant of others no matter how their behaviours or beliefs differ from your own. Not attached to material or worldly affairs you are free to express your true self. Displaying great wisdom and serenity people are naturally drawn to you for guidance and counsel. Your courage and presence of mind see you through any adversity.
I don't know about you, but whoever decided to name me Amy did a pretty good job :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

That would be Mama Connie and Daddy Wally, and if I remember correctly the name came up because President Carter's daughter was and is Amy.

Anonymous said...

Actually, if I can remember back 26 years ago, Connie and I picked the name because we liked it. It is a beautiful name for a beautiful daughter. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), you weren't named after anyone, you were named for you. I think you meet the qualities of the name exceedingly well! (Note to Joyce: Connie may have mentioned Amy Carter, I know you have a much better memory than I do!)