Thursday, September 01, 2005

Asthma Walk 2005

Dear Family & Friends (and anyone else who may read this),

Until recently, I did not know that asthma is the leading chronic illness among children and the cause of more than 5,000 deaths in the U.S. each year. I'm sure there are many more people who are unaware of the devastating effects of this chronic lung disease.

Therefore, I am sending you a healthy reminder that I have signed up as a participant in the American Lung Association of Florida's 2005 Blow the Whistle on Asthma Walk, scheduled for September 10 (which is less than 2 weeks away) at Blue Jacket Park in Orlando. I have set a personal fundraising goal of $500.00 to help the Lung Association in its fight against asthma, and I would appreciate your support in helping me reach this goal. If you have already pledged your support, many thanks go out to you. Any amount, big or small, can help fight for those who wish to breath easier.

Please visit my personal web page (just click on the title of this blog) and follow the instructions to make a secure online donation. I would appreciate any contribution you decide to make.

Thanks in advance for your support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to... but I got this message "Sorry, your transaction could not be completed since a communication error ocurred. Please try again after some time." Please let me know if it went through. If it still hasn't gone through in 3 days and I don't see the charges on my card, remind me and I'll try again.
Thanks! =)

Anonymous said...

Amy, I told your mom to tell you that I'm going to send you a check! God bless your efforts! Pam