Friday, October 21, 2005

CANstruction 2005


Last night was the awards ceremony for CANstruction. I was in shock to hear Cuhaci & Peterson's "Carrying Away Hunger" named Honorable Mention. This is a national award, meaning that pictures of our design will be submitted to the national competion. I almost felt a little ashamed to take the award home with me for the night after I had been displaying such a pessimistic attitude toward the quality of our design. I thought that there would be no way that we would win a national award (even though with 6 national awards and 12 teams, the odds are pretty favorable). I thought we'd only walk away with the Best Sign Award (which we did also win). Those who did win the Structural Integrety and Juror's Favorite Awards (the top awards) definitely deserved to win and I'm not at all surprised at their outcome. I still can't believe that Honorable Mention went to our little ant who was actually quite large at 8' in length. I wquldn't want to be stung by THIS fire ant.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

You CAN do it! Thanks for the picture.