Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm Moving

Yes, as my mom mentioned in her blog, I will be moving to a new apartment at the end of this month. I really didn't want to leave, but the raise in rent was more than I could afford. After weeks of research, driving around, and sleepless nights from all the stress, an apartment opened up in the complex where several of my friends also live. It's a much older place and it doesn't have all the amenities that my current place has (there is a pool). But it is downtown (more downtown than I was before), close to work and church, the rent is cheaper, and like I mentioned before, several of my friends also live there. While I am a little sad to leave my nice apartment, I am also looking forward to my new place. I've already started to plan how I will decorate it. When it gets closer to the move, I will send out notices of my change of address and such. I will be getting rid of my land-line phone service (to save some more $$ and since the only people who call me on it are telemarketers) and just using my cell phone. I have about two weeks between when I can move in to the new place and when I have to be out of my old place. So, I'll be taking my time moving.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

It all sounds fine, I hope your landlord is as conscientious as your last one. I'll get down there to see your new old place. I hope you're sleeping well now that the stressful part is over.