Monday, October 24, 2005

Come & Gone

Hurricane Wilma was in and out of here in a a matter of hours. It started raining late last night. I woke up this morning to dark skies, pouring rain, and howling wind. Needless to say, I did NOT want to get out of bed and go to work. But I never received the call saying that the office was closed, so I had to go. The 5 minute commute wasn't too bad since there was barely any traffic. I did have to dodge some debris here and there, mostly dead tree limbs and leaves. Winds were about 30 mph with gusts of about 50 mph. The worst part, though is that this storm collided with an unseasonal cold front. Usually when it rains, the actual rain is somewhat warm. But today, the rain was cold. Add in the wind, and it was quite unpleasant. The temperatures continued to drop through out the day. They dipped down to 59 degrees. About one o'clock this afternoon, the rain stopped and the sun came out (and raised the temp up to 68!). With this cold front, though, it's still supposed to get down into the 40s during the overnight hours! BBRRRR!!! But we'll be back up in the 80s by the weekend.

In other news...
I moved into my new apartment this weekend. It was a little sad to see my old place so empty. I think I may have shed a tear. But I am looking forward to living in my new place.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Yes, I'm a little sad about your move. I really enjoyced your old place, lots of good memories, but now it's time to make new memories on Agnes Court. It will be nice to have more space, but I think you'll miss the private laundry. Do you have a dishwasher? Did you take any pictures during the move?