Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Big CH-CH-CHILL

OK, I know you're all going to scoff at me for complaining, but it got REALLY cold last night (and this morning). The temperature in my apartment dipped below 65 and I was forced to turn on the heat. Temperatures dropped near freezing (and even lower in the areas outside of the city). I was worried that I might of had to scrape frost off of my car windows (I have an ice scraper that was in my car when I moved down here - luckily I haven't had to use it yet). I sure hope this is the last cold spell. It's really going to take a toll on the citrus crop at people's beautiful flowers. One of the reasons I moved to Florida was to get away from the cold. Well, the sunshine has helped to raise the temperature into the mid-50s and it's going to be near 80 by the weekend (let's pray it stays there).

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

I pray it stays there and moves here.