Saturday, February 11, 2006

Dee-Troit Basket-Ball



Last night, I went to the TD Waterhouse Arena to watch the Detroit Pistons take on the Orlando Magic. I went with my new friend Stephanie (5th grade teacher at Trinity & fellow Michigander) as well as Jen & her crew (Brandon, Isabel, & her mom). It was a lot of fun. It was my first professional basketball game EVER! I'll admit that the NBA is my least favorite professional sport, but going to the game was way better than watching it on tv. You may ask if it was wierd to be cheering for the opposing team, but there were just as many (if not MORE) Pistons fans than Magic fans. Everywhere I looked I saw Pistons jerseys (including an Isaiah Thomas jersey) and even a few Red Wing jerseys. To make things even more interesting, as we were leaving the arena, I ran into Bryan. Of course I stopped to say hi. All in all it was a great night. I hope to go again April 7.

No comments: