Thursday, April 06, 2006

Oral Surgery

With all of Amanda's talk of her dealings with her dentist, I feel I should mention one of mine. Tomorrow morning I have an appointement with an oral surgeon to have my wisdom teeth extracted. I'm not really looking forward to it because everytime I mention it to someone, they keep giving me their horror stories about how painful it was or how sick they got. I'll say that the only thing I am looking forward to is having the whole day off work and being forced to eat ice cream and jello.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I was terrified to get mine out, but in the end it only took about 15 minutes, and I only had to take 1 motrin afterward... so it's not all bad! We'll be praying for you!

Mrs. Patterson said...

Stick with Heidi's story. Dad and I are praying as well, especially since we're the ones who nagged you into it.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying too! Mine was a breeze. All 4 at once and I think I demanded a cheeseburger for dinner! ;) Good luck!

Pam said...

Praying!

Anonymous said...

Praying here too! Michelle just had hers out over Christmas break and she did fine. Hurrah for ice and pain pills. :-) You will be fine!
Linda K.

Anonymous said...

I remember when they put the laughing gas-mask to my face and began telling REALLY TERRIBLE jokes. The kind that you couldn't laugh at if you tried... and then I forced myself to laugh at one of the jokes because I felt bad for the guy if even someone under laughing gas couldn't laugh at his jokes... then BOOM - I was OUT COLD! Next thing I remember Mom was leaning over me in another room. Apparently I had walked there myself - go figure, I was outta it!

I'm glad you surgery went well and you had some good folks taking care of you!

Love ya friend!