Thursday, December 21, 2006

Last Minute Deals

Whoever thought that you could never find a good flight deal less than a week before a major holiday are completely mistaken. When I was reviewing my itinerary for my trip home this weekend, I noticed that I had a 4-hr layover in Atlanta on my way up. I don't know why I didn't notice this when I booked the flight. Perhaps I was only looking at the price. The layover itself would be longer than the total amount of time I would have been in the air! So today, I went to the AirTran website to see what they're flight schedule was for the day (and if the layover was really necessary). But when I pulled up the search, I found something even better: A nonstop flight at noon (instead of 8am) for $89!!! There is a $50 fee to change a flight, but since it cost less than the original, I thought I still might save some money and pay only a portion of the $50. While making the change, I thought I'd look into changing my return flight as well (and maybe save even more money, unless they charged another $50 for the second flight). They didn't really have anything for the 29th, but had a nonstop on the 28th, also for $89. It turns out that they only charge the $50 once, so I ended up with a CREDIT of $40.30!

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

See you soon.