Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back To The Real World

It's so hard coming back to work after a long vacation. My alarm clock was much unwelcomed this morning. I had 172 new email messages in my inbox. Only about 10 of them were "work" related and about another 5 were important personal messages. That means the other 90% were junk. It took me a while to remember what I was working on before I left. I had a very nice holiday break, despite being sick for most of it. The worst part was that due to my illness, I couldn't get too close to Seth. I had to settle with making kissy faces at him from afar, which still made him smile and giggle. It was nice that even when I returned back to Florida, I still had a few days left of vacation. My New Year's Eve celebration was quite dull. I spent most of the night cleaning, took a shower, and got out just in time to watch the ball drop. I was in bed by 12:02. Bryan is still in Kansas City with his family or else we would have spent New Year's Eve together (for those of you who haven't heard or haven't just figured it out, we got back together just after Thanksgiving). My New Year's Day was much more exciting. I went to Micelle & David's for a fondue party and to watch football. By the end of the 3rd quarter of the Rose Bowl, it was quite obvious that Michigan wasn't going to win, so instead, we all played a game of Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture DVD Edition. My team lost horribly. It didn't help that I am really bad a trivia and my partner was only 22. It was still lots of fun.

Happy 2007 to everyone. I pray that your year is full of many blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Amy! I hope all is well.

andrew