Monday, January 22, 2007

Big Band And The Beach




On Saturday afternoon, Bryan & I went to a Big Band concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra. I had gotten two free tickets because I had filled out a survey. I was a little disappointed with the concert. I only knew a couple of the songs. I think we were the youngest people there.
On Sunday, we drove out to Clearwater Beach. There were quite a few people there and a few crazies who actually got in the water. The temperature was only in the upper 70s. Not quite warm enough for me to get in, but I could still soak up the sunshine. How cool is it to be able to go to the beach in the middle of January!!! We stayed until sunset then made our way back home. We stopped at this cool mongolian barbeque place near Lakeland for dinner.

6 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

That sounds like a nice weekend. It's great to see a picture of you and Bryan. Were you holding the camera out in front of you? Next time get one of the crazies to snap a shot. Before long you'll be going to spring training games. That's when I'll really start envying you.

Anonymous said...

Are you experimenting with hair color? Your hair looks a lovely shade of red instead of blond.
Linda K.

Pam said...

The sunshine on your faces is wonderful! Or is it "son"shine!

Amy said...

To answer a couple of your questions, yes, I was holding the camera out in front of us (my camera has a nifty self portrait setting). And no, I did not color my hair. The glow of the setting sun gave everything a reddish tint. But Bryan DOES have reddish hair.

Anonymous said...

I think the beach in January is a wonderful thing! Great pictures!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I second that, yeah for pictures!