Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sick Day

Yesterday I took my first sick day. Bryan & I had both had a run in with the stomach flu this week. Bryan got it first on Monday morning. I started feeling ill Tuesday afternoon so I decided to leave work early. I didn't have any work to do anyways. Luckily, Bryan was feeling better so he could take care of Madison. Although my stomach had calmed down by Wednesday morning, I decided to stay home anyways. I had no energy because I hadn't eaten anything since the day before (and whatever I tried to eat, just came back up). Bryan handled taking Maddie to daycare and I just pretty much slept all day. I'm feeling much better today, though still a little weak. If I stand up and move around too long, I start to feel dizzy. At least I can keep food down and I am slowly regaining strength. I went back to work today and was given somewhat of a brainless task to do. That is, it's easy and it doesn't require much thought. Perfect for a day like today.

In other news, Bryan is off to Florida for business this weekend. He'll be back Monday and my parents come for a visit on Tuesday. I wish I didn't have to work so I could spend more time with them and show them around KC. But since their only coming to see Madison, I guess it doesn't really matter that much. We're all going to a KC Royals game next Friday night. It's not against the Tigers. But considering how they've started the season already, it's probably a good thing.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

We are coming to see all the Helmans, we're just not bringing them all new clothes.