Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Independence Day (from Independence, MO)

OK, so I'm a little late. I didn't get on the computer this weekend because I had to be nurse to my husband & daughter. Yes, both Bryan & Madison were under the weather all weekend. That along with packing & moving, it wasn't much of a holiday. We actually had our Independence Day celebration/picnic on the 3rd (since my parents were set to leave early the next day). We grilled hamburgers & hot dogs on the deck. My work had given everyone a big box of fireworks (at least $100 worth). So Bryan, the pyrotechnician, shot them off. Madison seemed to enjoy them. Of course she likes anything that is bright, colorful, and makes noise. She got a little startled by the loud ones, but never cried or anything. Last year when we watched the fireworks, she jumped in my belly after the first one went off. It was great having my folks here. They were a tremendous help with packing and getting the house ready for move in. We spent most of the 4th just resting and had dinner at Bryan's parents' house. We were going to go to watch fireworks, but with both Bryan & Madison not feeling well, we decided to just go home and watch them on TV. I later discovered that we were actually watching a tape from their Memorial Day celebration. Saturday, Bryan went to the doctor to find out that he had a sinus infection and needed to stay in bed for the rest of the weekend. Bryan's mom & I went to Nebraska Furniture Mart (it's not really in Nebraska) to order our new appliances.

Now it's back to work. Bryan & Madison are starting to feel better, but now I think I may be starting to get it. The electrician is supposed to be coming on Wednesday to upgrade the electrical service in the new house so we can install our new electric range which is supposed to be delivred on Thursday (along with the refrigerator & OTR microwave). This next weekend will be more packing & moving. We need to be moved before we head up north at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

It sounds like your "moving" right along. We had fun, but Dad brought home a sucking tic on his belly! He got antibiotics from the doctor today as a precaution against Lymes disease. I've been learning about tics and chiggers from the internet. The doctor told Dad that Missouri has one of the largest incidences of Lymes disease due to tics. I forgot to plant the hydrangena, do you think you could? Watch out for ticks and chiggers.