Wednesday, July 09, 2008

WALL-E



Last night, Bryan & I went to see the new Disney/Pixar movie, "WALL-E". It was good, but not my favorite. But since their last one was a bit of a dissapointment, I was quite pleased. It takes place about 800 years in the future. Earth has been so filled with trash that it is uninhabitable and people are sent to live on a spaceship "cruise". WALL-E, a trash compactor robot of sorts, is all that is left to clean up the mess. The movie pokes fun at our impact on the environment and humanity's dependence on technology leading to laziness & obesity, but there's actually quite a bit of truth behind it. But the "heart" of the movie is actually a love story.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

We saw it while we were on vacation, I really liked it. I thought it was a little deep for the kids, but they didn't seem to mind. I would definitely see it again. I also thought it was pretty funny how the chairs the obese people were riding around in in the future with their screens all around them resembled those video game chairs they have out for serious gamers.

Mrs. Patterson said...

This is the first I heard of the movie. I'm pathetic. I've read about childhood obesity which is related to the inactivity that comes with video games.