Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Broken Appliance Of The Week

Why is it that repairmen feel like they need to tell you their whole life story? Our brand new microwave went kaput last Friday, so we had a guy come out last night to look at it. But while tearing it apart, he just kept going on and on about anything and everything. I suppose he was just trying to be friendly & personable. But in the back of my mind, I just kept thinking, "just shut up and fix the dang thing."

He thinks it's the magnetron that's broke. Luckily it's still under warranty (as we only bought it last July). He has to order new parts and will be back later this week to fix it (if I'm lucky, I'll be working). In the meantime, we brought up my old microwave from the basement (which I bought at K-Mart for like $80). I'm sure glad I didn't try to sell it in our last garage sale.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

In thirty years I don't believe I have every heard you use the phrase "shut up". Your getting feisty in your old age. Yep, it's a good thing I wasn't around during the garage sale because I would have encouraged you to sell the old one.