Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Last Night

We went over to Bryan's parents' house to watch the MSU/UNC game. Needless to say, the game was quite a disappointment (and slight embarrassment). MSU was so sloppy and they were outplayed.

But enough about the game. The real excitement of the night came before the game. Grandma Helman had made Madison a little Easter basket (since we're going to Chicago for Easter) and "hid" some eggs in the living room. Now Maddie has never participated in an Easter Egg Hunt before, nor seen anyone else do it. But she knew exactly what to do. It was like instinct. She had so much fun looking for all the eggs and putting them in her basket. Granted, it was a pretty easy "hunt" since they were all in plain sight. But she was so pround of herself for finding them. She even had fun opening all of them as they were filled with yummy "toddler friendly" treats: cereal, Goldfish crackers, & fruit snacks. I didn't know they were going to do this, so I didn't have my camera with me. Bryan's dad took some pictures, though. We even refilled the eggs and hid them again so we could get a video. I'll post the pictures as soon as he sends them to me.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

That sounds so sweet. The pictures will be a nice treat. I hope she doesn't mind a little friendly cousin competition on Easter.