Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Raise

After two weeks of finding available time to meet with my boss (the first week he was on vacation), I finally had my annual review with my boss. We talked about my first year & a half there. He told me how he has received several compliments on my work from various people that I have been working with. And because of that, I will be receiving a $2,500/year raise! With the state of the economy and all that, I never expected to receive a raise. I'm just happy to have a job. My boss told me that not everyone would be receiving one and that there's always a possibility that they MAY have to lay off a couple people before the end of the year. But he assured me that I would NOT be on the list.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations! What good news!

Anonymous said...

GREAT news. Praise God for His provisions for you!
Linda K

Emily said...

Good for you, Amy. A raise in these times is quite an accomplishment:)

Mrs. Patterson said...

Not many people have received that kind of assurance. You rock !
(word verification amityp = amy tip