Monday, August 17, 2009

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly & The Cute

The Good:

Bryan got a job! That is, as long as he passes his physical, drug test, polygraph, and such. It's not an architecture job, but we'll take it. It won't take us completely out of the hole, but at least one step closer to getting back on our feet. It's a full-time position (hopefully with benefits).

The Bad:

A few weeks ago, my car died on the way to work. It cost $800 for a new fuel pump. Now, the "check engine" light has been coming on. It was due to faulty wiring, but still cost $$ to fix.

The Ugly:

It rained all weekend and is supposed to continue all week. It makes for very dreary days.

The Cute:

One word - Madison. She has been such a joy lately (except for the times when the "terrible twos" kick in.) She gets so excited about things. Last night she made the funniest face. I know, I know, I should have taken a picture. But it was in the other room and I probably would not have been able to get her to do it again. Every time I pull out the camera, she runs around to see the pictures on the back before I can even take them.

4 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Great news about the job, the rest is just small stuff.

Anonymous said...

And the job is? But whatever it is, we are praising God with you!
Linda & Wally

Heidi said...

Congrats on the job! I know what you mean about the car stuff... Scotts truck keeps giving him trouble too...

FLgirl said...

Yay for a job!! What will Bryan be doing??