Monday, April 04, 2005

Insomniac

I don't know why, but for some reason I literally got NO sleep last night. I just lied in bed, eyes closed, but no sleep. The hours just ticked away, 3am...4am..7am my alarm goes off and still no sleep. After I got up to turn off the alarm, I lied back down and finally started to drift in and out of consciousness, but now it was time to get up and go to work. I did somehow make it, but I wasn't entirely productive this morning. I felt like I was like back in college when I used to pull all those all-nighters in order to finish a project. I met Becky for lunch, but afterwards decided it best to go home and go to bed. When I got home, I immediately crashed in my bed and didn't awake until about 5 when my phone rang. I didn't get up to answer it (figuring it was probably a telemarketer anyways). While I was still a bit tired, I did get up for fear that I may not sleep tonight either. It's not like I got too much sleep over the weekend (not more than usual atleast). I was really tired. It was just that I couldn't shut my brain off. I just kept thinking about stuff. Nothing important or stressing about anything. Just random thoughts and I don't even recall exactly what.

Anywho, the rest of my weekend went well. Saturday I went to Cypress Gardens. There was a concert that I wanted to see and I also wanted to check out the place. They had added some rides, but they were kind of lame. The botanical gardens were nice, but nothing more spectacular than Leu Gardens here in town. I did see a very interesting sight on the way down, though. As I was driving down I-4, I say a momma duck and about 8 ducklings trying to cross the highway. They crossed right in front of me. Don't worry, I didn't hit them (and as far as I know, no one else hit them either) I saw them in plenty of time to slow down and stop. I sure hope they made it. On the way back from the park, I listened to the Michigan State game on the radio. When I stopped at Universal Studios to try and make the Mardi Gras concert, it was half time and we were winning. Well, I got to the park too late and couldn't get in, so I headed back home. When I got back to my car, we had lost the lead and never regained it :( Oh, well. It's just a game. It's an accomplishment just to make it that far. It is really difficult to follow basketball on the radio, especially when you're not familiar with the players and who play for who. I could hear all the MSU fans in the background which helped a little. So that was just Saturday. Sunday was much more relaxed. After church, I took a walk around Baldwin Park. I found out that it would take 20 minutes to walk the mile from my apartment door to where our new office is going to be (if we ever get around to building it). I think that with a bike, I could cut the time in half. I don't know that I will actually walk or bike to work. I know I should, but if you have any familiarity with the summers down here, you'll understand why I might not. It's just so hot and humid (and it rains nearly every afternoon (often times right around 5:00). But the place is really starting to become active. There are a few restaurants and shops open. Many are very close to opening. Later that evening, I went with Jen, her daughter Isabel, and her mom to see Ice Princess. OK, I admit it, I'm a real sucker for kid movies. Thanks to Jen's daughter, I can have an excuse to see them. The movie was cute, but there were these kids sitting in the back row who kept throwing things and something actually hit me. They were also being loud and unruly. Jen got fed up and went to tell the manager. He came in and talked to the kids and they were pretty good after that. I think I'm going to go to take a shower, turn on the basketball game and go to bed early. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

That motor-braining can be very counter-productive. Sleep well tonight.