Wednesday, December 07, 2005

So Much To Do, So Little Time

Mom posted today about overbooking commitments. While I haven't double-booked anything (yet), I'm starting to think that maybe I'm taking on too many things. I'm already starting to stress about all the things I need to do in the next 2 weeks (before I skip town for the holidays). I've barely put a dent in my Christmas shopping or with making my Christmas cards. Friends have requested my time with painting and decorating. And to add to that, yesterday my boss calls our whole team into a meeting to tell us that we are getting behind and with the holidays/vacation he requested that we all put in extra time. He did give us the incentive that if we put in an extra week's work (i.e. 40 hours) between now and the end of the month, he will reward us with a nice monitary bonus (4 digits large). I am going to do my best to reach that goal, but I don't know if it is physically possible (with all the aformentioned things I have to do) to squeeze an extra 40 hours in the next 2 weeks without killing myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, now there is a management technique. I'll remember that one. So basically, everyone will bust their buns to get in 40 hours and due to one holiday circumstance or another, will probably tucker out at 35-38...the company gets the work done and the employees get a pat on the head. If you're gonna do it, make it worth it! :)

Anonymous said...

Amy--See your mom's blog and comments for Wednesday. I'm praying! Pam

Amy said...

Well, my boss came back afterwards and said that if we didn't quite make the 40 hour requirement, he would prorate the bonus accordingly. So I will be getting some sort of reward for my hard work that roughly works out to $25/extra hour.

Anonymous said...

That sounds much more promising, good for you! :)

Mrs. Patterson said...

Dad will be thrilled, except that means little time for healthcare. (Which must come first after spirit care) But your young, you can do it!!!!