Monday, October 09, 2006

How About Them Tigers

Way to go Tigers. Keep up the good work. You may find this hard to believe, but I have been so busy that I didn't get a chance to watch ANY of the games of the playoffs so far. Friday, my friends threw me a party in celebration and good luck for the Breast Cancer 3-Day coming up THIS WEEKEND! Saturday, I had band rehearsal. We were in the middle of practicing when the piano players son came in the room to annouce the Tiger's victory. I threw my hands in the air and gave out a loud "WOOHOO!". Last night at dinner, Bryan made it a point to remind me that the Royals swept the Tigers just before the playoffs began. My reply, of course, was that we let them win. We were saving ourselves for the playoffs. The only bad thing that I forsee about the Tigers having a great season is that come March, I'm probably going to have a harder time getting Spring Training tickets (and they'll probably raise the price). But I won't let it stop me.

My only other bit of exciting news is that I learned that my friends Jen & Brandon are expecting. That makes Jen the fourth or fifth person I know that is pregnant right now (I lost count). But I am very happy for them.

2 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Has the wedding date been moved up? That's great news, I think Isabelle will make a fine big sis.

Amy said...

They officially got married Labor Day weekend in St. Thomas. They are still having a renewal of their vows ceremony and a reception for their family & friends the Sat. after Thanksgiving (which is why I need to be back).