Sunday, July 08, 2007

Back To Life

Well, the honeymoon is over and it's back to the real world, back to work, and the back to the ho-hum of daily life. But now I don't have to go home to an empty house.

It was a really nice trip. We spent the first 3 days in the Lake of the Ozarks at the Tan-Tar-A Resort. It was an older resort and a little run down, but we had a nice view from our room. We had a wall of windows which overlooked the lake. It was very relaxing. We walked around up and down hills, layed out by the pool, and took a boat tour of the lake.

We spent the rest of the week with my new in-laws. Bryan showed me all over Kansas City, we saw a nice little fireworks display, we toured the art museum, and drove out to the University of Kansas. Another highlight of the trip was all the food. We had all our meals paid for at the resort. Bryan's mom made breakfast every morning. We had some good Kansas City barbeque.

We got back around 11:00 this morning and rested most of the day. Now Bryan is mowing the lawn (which is 3 feet high) and I'm about to head to the grocery store to get some food for this week. Tonight's menu - beef stroganoff (from scratch). Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

When Dad and I were married one of my best dishes was Hamburger Stoganoff. I've always said, if you can read you can cook. The trick is getting everything to come out at the same time. Using hot noodles? Little salad? I love that Publix store. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful wedding and a fun time on your honeymoon. Looks like you're wasting no time jumping into the role of domestic goddess! :) Now...lets see some pictures!!!