Monday, July 16, 2007

New Identity

Our certified marriage license arrived in the mail on Thursday so on Friday, I spent my entire lunch hour (and then some) at the DMV to get my new driver's license. When I arrived, they were serving number 30 and my ticket said I80. Of course on first glance, it thought the letter I was the number 1. I was relieved that there were only 50 people in front of my instead of 150! Though, it actually went somewhat quickly. About half of those 50 people had either left or weren't paying attention when their number was called, so they got skipped over. So after an hour and $15 later, I got my new driver's license stating my new name and new address. Now I get the dubious task of changing my name for my bank accounts and insurace policies. I need to apply for a new social security card and change my marital status on my W-2 (I might as well go ahead and add Madison as a dependent while I'm at it).

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Well Amy Helman, it sounds like your taking care of business.