Monday, January 03, 2005

A Freaky Story

OK, this is really freaky:

Back in college, I often received overdue bill notices for a magazine for which I never had a subcription. The bills were addressed to Amy Kushnir, a student at Arizona State University. While I obviously did not go to ASU, I did apply there and was accepted. I can only assume that is why they forwarded the mail to me instead of the real Amy Kushnir to whom they belonged.

Anywho, for a bit of fun, today I did an internet search on my name to see what would come up. Basically, I wanted to see if my website would show up. Well, it didn't, but I did find something about me on a Ball State Alumni page. But here is the freaking part. I also came across the following article from the Las Vegas Review Journal dated October 6, 2003:

U.S. HIGHWAY 93
Four Arizonians killed in head-on collision

Four Arizona residents were killed Saturday afternoon in a head-on collision on U.S. Highway 93.

All of the victims were dead at the scene. There were no survivors.

The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the wreck occured about 4:15 p.m. just south of the U.S. 93-Interstate 40 junction.

DPS said 24-year-old Emily Baur of Chandler, Ariz., was driving northbound in a 2000 Infinity when she attempted a pass and collided with an oncoming 1998 Chevrolet pickup. Bauer's passenger was identified as 24-year-old Amy Kushnir of Tempe, Ariz.

The occupants of the pickup were identified as 49-year-old Cruz Reyes of Phoenix and 55-year-old Roberta Williams of Scottsdale Ariz.

I have no proof that this is the same person as mentioned above, but it very well could be. But how freaky is it to read an article about someone with your same name and same age who was killed. Trust me, it's freaky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are dorrect. Tha is way too freaky for me. Hope it does not put a pall over your birthday though. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Linda K.

Anonymous said...

Silly fingers. OF course I meant that you are correct, not dorrect

Anonymous said...

You are correct. A recent rumor started around my home town of Cherry Hill, NJ that a graduate of my 1997 highschool class and one of the most popular girls of our class, Amy Kushnir, had died in late 03 in a car accident. I was googling the information to see if it was true and your blog came up. If all accounts are true about this story then it is this Amy Kushiner originally from Cherry Hill NJ who passed away.

Jaimie U

Unknown said...

Unfortunately ☹️ this is true. I dated her during the summer of 2000.