Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my 26th Birthday. Here's how it went:

I woke up in the morning, sang "Happy Birthday" to myself, and opened my birthday present from my parents. It had been sitting in my room since last thursday and I couldn't wait any longer (especially since I knew I wouldn't be home again until late). I eventually dragged my body out of bed and went off to work. Work went pretty well. I got a couple new projects to work on. One of which is a tenant fit out and Norberto (our Director of Design) wants me to do the interior "design". I'm meeting with the client tomorrow. Another good thing happened today. One of the first projects that I worked on almost completely by myself came back from the building department. There were absolutely NO COMMENTS. I don't have to fix anything. This RARELY ever happens. I do have to make some changes on it, but they are purely aesthetic (I need to simplify the design to bring the cost down). Jim is letting me take complete control of this project. That is, I will review all the shop drawings, make site visits, answer any questions that come up. I'm a little nervous about this new responsibility, but I need it if I want to become a registered Architect (and I do). Jim took our team out to lunch at Olive Garden to celebrate my birthday.

After work, Bryan and I went out to dinner at P.F. Chang's. It was really nice. We split an Almond & Cashew Chicken dinner. After dinner, I had choir practice for our Cantata tomorrow night. It was long (2 hours) and kind of boring. I love to sing, but I just wasn't in the mood last night. I mean, I would have rather been out with friends. After practice I did go out. Jen (who is also in choir) and I went to a bar downtown and had a couple drinks. I was kind of hoping that our other friends could join us, but Becky was busy and Kristin was sleeping (she has to get up really early in the morning to go to work at the Animal Kingdom). So it was just Jen & me. It was really nice, though. We got to spend some quality time together and get to know each other a bit better. So it was another late night for me. I haven't been in bed before midnight in the past week. Maybe tonight.

All in all, it was a really nice birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!! And work sounds like it's going well too! Go you~

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we talk on the phone for many minutes and you never mentioned the things from work that you described on your blog, yet on second thought that's a great place to get info. Thanks, MOM