Monday, January 24, 2005

Girl Time Is Good

I had a great weekend. I had a really good girl time/bonding time with my friend Becky H. Satutday night, I met up with her and her friend at church. Afterwards, we went over to Becky's place for dinner and we just sat and talked for a good 3 hours or so. It was awesome. On sunday, we went browsing around the mall. Although we both resisted the temptation to buy anything, I was able to finally get Grandma's wedding ring fixed. A couple of the prongs which held in the diamond had been broken and when worn down (that's what happens it's more than 60 years old). Now it's been fixed and it's all shiny and sparkly! After the mall, we headed back to my place and watched a movie (Princess Diaries 2). I am so grateful that Becky has become a part of my life. She is a great friend and an awesome woman of God.

In other news:
It has turned cold again! The temperature was 33 degrees (wind chill of 24) when I came to work this morning! BBRRR!! It's not supposed to be this cold! This is Florida for goodness sake! I actually made it to work by 8:00 this morning (of course I THOUGHT it was 9:00 - I guess I still haven't learned how to tell time). I had a semi-unpleasant meeting when I got to the office this morning. Basically, I have a ton of work to do before I can leave for my vacation this weekend. Yes, I'm taking another vacation. I'm going out to SoCal (that's Southern California) to visit my OTHER friend Becky (Becky Bell from BSU). She recently moved to Corona, CA (SE of LA). So, I am going to give her a friendly visit. I haven't seen her in about a year and a half. I am so excited. I can't wait. I am going to make sure that I truly enjoy this vacation (which shouldn't be a problem) because I won't be taking another one for quite a while. I am going to be super busy this week. I'm probably going to have to put in some extra time. I don't want to be thinking about work while I'm on vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun weekend! And hope you don't have to work too hard this week. Enjoy California!

Anonymous said...

semi-unpleasant?