Monday, November 15, 2004

A Good Time Had By All

I had such a great weekend. My mom and Pam came for a visit. They arrived Friday evening. That evening we played a game of Scrabble. I won! I actually beat Pam who is the Scrabble Master. My highest scoring word(s) was MANY with the M on a Double Word Score and completing HI to make HIM. I scored 42 points!

Saturday was a fun filled day. We started off the day by going to the Harry P. Leu Botanical Gardens. Then we went to Winter Park for lunch and shopping along Park Avenue. Next it was back to my place for an afternoon nap. For dinner we went to Houston's Steakhouse. For the evening's entertainment, we went to see a concert by the Orlando Philhamonic Orchestra. Half of the concert was good. There was a guest percussionist, but I didn't care for any of the pieces which she played. She was very talented, though. My favorite piece was "Overture to 'Russian Easter,' op. 36 (Grand Paque Russe)" by Nicoli Rimsky-Korsakov.

Sunday, we went to early service then had to high-tail it to the airport for their 11am flight. After I dropped them off, I played volleyball with some friends and then went to see "The Polar Express" with my friend Bryan. It was pretty good, but not as good as the book. Of course the story had to be added to or else it would be a very short movie. The animation, though, looked just like the illustrations in the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about your MOM? Isn't she a master player?