Monday, November 08, 2004

Oh, What A Ball

Saturday I got to be like Cinderella and go to a ball, the Oxygen Ball that is. Ok, so it wasn't so much as a "ball" but more of an auction. And also I was there as volunteer help rather than a guest (that allowed me not to have to pay the $100 ticket price). But I still got to get all dressed up, which is always fun. My friend Becky H. (I have to start distinguishing between all my "Becky" friends) works for the American Lung Association (the sponsor of the ball) and drafted me along with the rest of our young adult bible study to help out at the event. It was held at Kennedy Space Center. My duties involved security during the silent auction to make sure no one stole anything or "hovered" too long, during the live auction part, I showed off a baseball signed by Boston Red Sox's David Ortiz, American League MVP, and of course, clean up duty. It was also a great opportunity to get to know my fellow bible study members a bit more. I'm sort of a "newbie" in the group as most of them have known each other since grade school. I've only known them for about 2 months.

Sunday, after church, I went bowling with some of my coworkers. It was fun and considering that I hadn't bowled in atleast 2 years, I didn't do too bad. The first game I bowled a 119 which included two strikes in a row. The second game, though, was a lousy 74. Oh well. After bowling, I went to see "The Incredibles", the latest Disney/Pixar collaboration. It was really good (but not quite as good as "Finding Nemo." I love that movie!) The story was still good and the animation was amazing. The things they can do with a computer. Wow!

That was it for this past weekend. Now I can't wait for this coming weekend! It's not just because I love weekends. This is a very special weekend. My mom (and Pam Schroeder) are coming for a visit!!!! Yay!!!! I love having visitors. Can't get enough (hint, hint). That's it for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

No comments: