Monday, February 07, 2005

Another Weekend Come & Gone

Yep, it's monday again. Why do the weekends have to go by so fast?! I had a pretty good one, though. On friday after work, I reordered my bridesmaid's dress for Mike & Sonia's wedding. No problems! I was going to get up and go to yoga on Saturday, but as my alarm was going of at 8:00am, I decided to forget it and sleep for another 4 hours. After I finally rolled out of bed, I headed down to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. It had been several months since my last visit, so it was nice to walk around and ride a few rides. I rode the Mummy twice and got my highest score ever on MIB: Alien Attack (234,900 points). At 5ish, the Mardi Gras celebration began. The concert for the evening was Musicians 4 Disaster Relief. A bunch of old groups got together for a benefit type concert. All the money from t-shirt and CD sales went to the American Red Cross to help out with our hurricanes and the tsunami in Asia. I left shortly after the parade, though. It was kind of chilly that night. I did get a few more beads to add to my collection. I really don't know what I'm going to do with them and I'm open to any suggestions. I had to sing in the early service Sunday morning. I was a little late, though. Oops. After church, I met up with the Dickens for lunch. Dave & Nancy Dickens were on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ when I was at Ball State. Now they work at the headquarters here in Orlando. It was nice to remenisce with them about the good ol' days in Muncie. They're kids have grown quite a bit and Nancy is due with their 4th child in just a matter of weeks. I also learned that there were several other former Ball Staters living in the area. We need to have a reunion one of these days. Later that evening, I went over the Bryan's house to watch the Super Bowl. It was a nice party even though I wasn't all that interested in the game. I usually only watch for the commercials (but I have to say that I was a little disappointed this year). To help ease the confusion of my last blog, yes, I do know two Bryans [Brians]. Bryan is the guy that I used to work with and with whom I've been hanging out with a lot lately. Brian is a friend from church. I can't help it that most of my friends' names are Bry(i)an, Becky, or start with the letter J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures and thanks for visiting!

bb