Wednesday, February 16, 2005

What About The Weekend?

Due to my special Valentine's Day post, I completely forgot to tell about the weekend I had with my parents. They arrived late on Thursday night. So basically we all went straight to bed after we got home. A side note: I timed it so perfectly that they arrived just as I got there. I was there so short a time that we didn't have to pay for parking. On Friday, I went to work while my parents slept in and also cleaned my apartment while I was gone. I had a crazy morning. My first task was to drop off some drawings at the Orange County Building Department. This should have been a hassle-free process - just wait to be called, hand off the drawings and necessary paperwork, and get out of there. Well that's not exactly what happened. First, they wanted to know the estimated building cost for each of the tennants. I didn't know the answer, so I called my boss and he figured it out. No problem. Next, they're trying to tell me that I (the company) owe $600 for a processing fee. I was told that I didn't need to pay anything. So I call up Jim again and he talked some sense into the guy. We got everything all straightened out and I finally headed to the office. All in all, it was a good learning experience. I met my parents back at home for lunch and we went to Panera Bread. In the evening, we went to CityWalk at Universal for dinner and a movie. We went to see Hitch - excellent movie. The plan was to meet up with my friend Jen for the movie and then her & I were to go to a concert at Hard Rock. Well, Jen was a little late getting to the movie. I saved her a seat, but the ticket guy told her it was sold out. So, she didn't see the movie, but we did meet up afterwards and went to the concert. It was a local band, DManufacture. They were decent; a little loud. OK, a LOT loud. But we still had fun. On Saturday, I woke up feeling aweful. I had the worst sore throat and absolutely no voice. Some might blame it on being out late and in the cold, but I had been feeling it all week and figured I would have been sick no matter what. So I let my parents take my car and do all the things they like to do (Leu Gardens, Winter Park, etc.) while I stayed in bed all day. I felt a little better by dinner time, so we went to Winter Park Village for dinner and a movie. My parents saw "Million Dollar Baby" while I saw "Finding Neverland." My movie was pretty good, but they didn't particularily care for theirs. On Sunday, we got up and went to church. I introduced them to all my friends that were there. I was feeling a little better, but I still didn't have much of a voice. That afternoon, I drove us out to Kennedy Space Center. We got there too late to be able to go on the tour, but we still saw all the exhibits and an IMAX movie. We stayed in for the evening and watched TV. Monday morning, I went into work. At noon, my parents picked me up and we headed to the airport. We ate lunch there and said our goodbyes. Then it was back to work for me. When I got home, I picked up my mail and there was a Valentine's Day card from my parents (that they mailed while they were here). I opened the door and sitting on top of my TV was a beautiful boquet of flowers with a "Happy Valentine's Day" baloon in it. I opened up the refrigerater and inside was a slice of cheesecake - my favorite dessert. I decided not to go to my dance class (that's the 4th week that I have missed for various reasons) because I still wasn't feeling that great. So I stayed home and watched my Monday evening TV shows: 7th Heaven, Everwood, and Monster House. When I went into my bedroom to get ready for bed, sitting on my bed was a heart shaped pillow with a pocket full of all sorts of goodies - Skittles, a Hershey's bar, gum, a box of Conversation Hearts, and a bag of red liccorice. It turned out to be a pretty good Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy-- It was fun to hear about you and your parent's weekend. Since I've been there I can picture the gardens and Winter Park--sounds like fun! I'll have to call your Mom and hear all about it from her! Blessings on your week! Pam